Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Half way to 70!

Another few weeks have come and gone. I don’t know where the time goes. We have had a lot of fun over the past few weeks. It seems like Morhéa has been having a nonstop weekend party with her friends the past few weeks. Morgan and family came over to try out my cooking one night. She partied with Tyler and Sierra this past weekend and then she got to hang out with Ella at the National Western Stock Show. She gets so excited to see her friends!! As we got closer to each party date she would often say “It is so hard to wait for Ella!” or “It is so hard to wait for Morgan” and so on for all of her friends. She is so cute when she says that.

On Monday Morhéa and I had Daddy day. It was Martin Luther King Day and I had off from work but Kim had to work so it was me and Morhéa all day. We called up Ella and asked if she wanted to go to the National Western Stock Show with us. Brian and Ella had no plans so off we went. I just looked up the history of the show and it all started in 1906!! It is one of the bigger stock shows in the country if not the biggest. I grew up on a farm so the whole concept doesn’t faze me. When I was younger we would go to cattle auctions all the time. It is a pretty amazing site. If you need a cowboy hat, boots, Ford F150, John Deere tractor or a cow you should go to the stock show. They have it all. We saw cows, pigs, horses, brahman, dogs, sheep, ducks, llamas and various other critters. The girls had a great time. We had lunch there and everything. We even got a ride in Brian’s new family mobile (the mini-van). It was decked out pretty good.

I turned 35 last week. Half way to 70! Morhéa and Kim secretly made me cards and cup cakes. Morhéa was so excited for me to get home from work. As soon as I got home we opened presents and she gave me her card. We got Carmine’s on Penn to go (a local Italian restaurant that I love). Then I got my cup cakes which were decorated with chocolate sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles and candy stars!! Just what every Dad would ever want!

We are looking forward to this weekend. Scott comes into town tomorrow for the night. Then Friday the girls and I are headed to Winter Park for the Mary Jane Birthday Bash weekend. Morhéa is very excited to see the ice sculptures, fireworks and bands. She we also be skiing, AGAIN! I think this is her 3 or 4th time? She is almost a pro! Got to run!

Todd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Todd,

From what Carolyn and I read, Morhea definitly is in need of at least one brother and one sister.

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

LOVE DAD AND CAROLYN