Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Happy 2008 everyone!!! Another quick update. The Buytaert’s came out for the holidays this year. We had a great week with them. I had hernia surgery (with food poisoning or the flu) right before they arrived so the helped out immensely with taking care of Morhéa. While I spent the week in bed and stuck at home they got to run around the city and play. In true Colorado Christmas fashion we got our usual snow storm. Everyone got to go to some Christmas parade or something in Golden. Morhéa got to see her cousins which was great. Uncle Bill and Aunt JoAnne stopped by the house to see how I was doing. The family got to go to the zoo and with all of the new snow Morhéa got to try out sledding. Today Kim and Morhéa headed to the mountains and Morhéa is going to get her first ski lesson!!! I can’t believe that one!!

Morhéa really got to enjoy Christmas this year. It took us 2 days to open her presents. There were lots of great highlights. She got a set of Princess outfits that she wears every day. She got a new bike! Lot of games, Barbie’s and tons of Princess gear.

My big Christmas present from my father and Carolyn is a new GE dual-fuel range!! It took a while but I got it in. My house wasn’t setup for gas so I had to have a gas line installed. If anyone needs a plumber I’ve got your guy! Ricky ran the gas lines. He have me a line on an electrician and I got that wired up and then one of my old bandmates is a handyman and cut my countertops and cabinets. Sears was supposed to deliver it on the 22nd but they didn’t get it here until the 29th. Either way it is now in and I am a cooking machine. The 1st night I made Dominic’s Beef A La Dutch. Basically, it is filet mignon with onions and peppers in a veal demiglace all over pasta with a side of green beans sautéed with shallots and butter. The second night I made Dover Sole Meuniere with a side of mushrooms. Last night I made New England Clam Chowder. It has been great!!

T













No comments: